Agendas for Interdisciplinary Team Meetings
Interdisciplinary team (IDT) meetings improve staff communication, encourage teamwork, and promote optimal patient care and outcomes within house call programs. During the COVID-19 pandemic, IDT meetings are especially important for maintaining team cohesiveness. Following a structured meeting agenda can help maximize IDT meeting effectiveness. In addition, brief staff huddles can serve to supplement IDT meetings and address immediate concerns.
Sample IDT Meeting Agenda:
- Key Metrics – discuss outcomes and/or clinical quality metrics being used
- Hospitalizations – review recent hospitalizations, brainstorm solutions for future
- Case Management – social workers, pharmacists, clinical staff, and/or providers present complex cases to initiate action/planning for patient resources
- Announcements / Updates – address logistical or operational changes affecting the team
- Waste Identification – discuss process breakdowns/inefficiencies, assign team members to strategize solutions
- Recognition – encourage team members to acknowledge others who have gone above and beyond or highlight a team accomplishment to end the meeting on a high note
Effective IDT meetings are a proven way to optimize patient care and outcomes, but they require planning, commitment, and time. To access and download a copy of the full IDT sample agenda, click here (new users will need to complete a one-time registration).