HCCI at AAHCM Annual Meeting
The AAHCM Preconference Presented by HCCI:
Daily Dilemmas in Home-Based Primary Care
Thursday, October 22, 2020
A career in home-based medical care (HBMC) comes with many rewards. It is also not without challenges. This year’s preconference sessions will explore and address some of the daily dilemmas faced when caring for complex patients in the home as well as challenges related to HBMC practice operations, productivity, and reimbursement. Discover solutions to the everyday challenges of this patient population and leave with tips and tools you can immediately put into action at your practice.
Session I – Clinical Challenges: 8:30 am ET – 12:30 pm ET
- Identify the various social determinants of health that can contribute to patients being homebound and impacted by multiple co-morbidities
- Manage psychiatrics challenges and behavioral disorders in homebound patients
- Discuss the process of dismissing non-compliant patients from your house call program and the impact this can have on staff
- Describe how to conduct effective advance directive discussions in the home
Session II – Practice Productivity and Reimbursement: 1:30 pm ET – 5:30 pm ET
- Describe how to implement a telehealth program to extend the reach and productivity of a house call program
- Apply proven strategies to enhance efficiency and house call operations.
- Describe documentation requirements and coding opportunities beyond E/M for house calls.
For the complete agenda, click here.
Thursday, October 22, 2020 – (Live Virtual Preconference)
Please click on the button below for additional information and to register.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and the Home Centered Care Institute. PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following organizations accept certificates of participation for educational activities
certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
- Physician Assistants: American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Nurse Practitioners: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program
- Nurses: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Practice Managers: Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)