Essential Elements of HBPC™ Workshop
This two-day foundational workshop is designed for learners who are considering or who are relatively new to offering home-based primary care (HBPC) services for patients with complex medical conditions. In this highly interactive activity, learners will enhance their knowledge and skills through case-based sessions focusing on clinical and economic factors unique to HBPC, including patient assessment; prognostication and advance care planning; medication management; acute/urgent care; technology useful in enhancing patient care and productivity; supporting caregivers; cultural competence; staffing, operations and process workflows; budgeting and revenue cycle management; coding and billing; and provider safety and self-care.
Upon completion of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Describe the foundational principles of HBPC, including practice settings and administration, clinical care models, patient demographics, and characteristics of successful HBPC providers.
- Apply the 4Ms in the Care of Older Adults to the HBPC population: home-limited patients with multiple co-morbidities.
- Apply recommended approaches to various aspects of clinical care for homebound patients including medication management, mental health concerns, prognostication, and acute/urgent care.
- Provide optimal patient care in a simulated home setting and demonstrate appropriate coding and documentation for the visit.
- Recognize caregiver burnout and provide coping strategies and other resources.
- Examine and discuss the business models, economic drivers, and quality indicators for HBPC and their impact on care delivery.
- Compare various staffing models for HBPC and examine opportunities for improving workflows and efficiency.
check back on this page for future dates.
Accreditation and Designation Statements
These activities have been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and the Home Centered Care Institute. PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates these live activities for the number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ shown on their respective workshop page. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.