HCCI-NNPEN Joint Conference
Blueprint for Success: Building and Growing Your Home-Based Primary Care Practice
Presented by: Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI) and the National Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneur Network (NNPEN)
Conference Description This two-day conference, a joint collaboration between the Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI) and the National Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneur Network (NNPEN), is designed for those who want to learn strategies for planning and operating a successful and sustainable home-based primary care practice. Nurse practitioners, other clinical providers, practice managers and operations staff will enhance their knowledge, competence, and performance on operating the business side of a Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC) practice. You’ll leave this interactive workshop with information that you can immediately (and confidently) use as you start or build your practice.
- Upon completion of this conference, learners will be able to:
- Discuss what it takes to be a successful HBPC provider.
- Discuss various staffing models for HBPC and identify the pros and cons associated with each.
- Evaluate your practice’s unique value proposition…including who is the customer.
- Examine basic and advanced options for diagnostic, therapeutic, and operations technology to improve patient care, efficiency, and staff safety in HBPC.
- Describe documentation requirements to support E/M codes frequently used in HBPC and discuss opportunities beyond E/M codes.
- Discuss important practice, legal, and financial implications that should be considered surrounding the use of telehealth.
- Evaluate the economic and reputational impact of a cyber breach on an HBPC practice.
- Discuss and develop the next steps for starting a home-based care NP practice.
This workshop is designed for the following types of professionals:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Nurses (RNs, LPNs)
- Practice Managers/Administrators
- Social Workers
- Medical Assistants
- Other Practice Operations Staff
February 7-8, 2020 | Phoenix, AZ
Day 1 (Friday, February 7, 2020) 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Day 2 (Saturday, February 8, 2020) 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
$350 per person/NNPEN members (membership will be verified)
$395 per person/non-members
Download info including agenda and faculty
Conference Location / Hotel Accommodations
Sheraton Phoenix Crescent
2620 West Dunlap
Phoenix, AZ 85021
Room Rate: $189 per night plus tax
To make reservations, contact
Specify that you are attending the HCCI-NNPEN Joint Conference.The reservation deadline is January 17, 2020. While enough rooms have been set aside at the hotel for conference registrants, there are occasions when the room block sells out prior to the cut-off date. Make your hotel reservations as early as possible. Reservations made after the cut-off date will be accepted on a space-available basis and may not qualify for discounted rates.
Cancellation and Refunds
HCCI reserves the right to cancel a Workshop at any time for any reason. If HCCI cancels a Workshop, you will have the option to either a) transfer tuition paid to another HCCI Workshop or b) receive a refund. You must inform HCCI of your choice of either the transfer or refund within two (2) weeks of the Workshop cancellation. If no such notification is received, HCCI will issue a refund.
If you wish to cancel your registration you must send notice of cancellation via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Notices received prior to 5:00 pm CST two weeks prior to the first day of the Workshop will be refunded the amount of the tuition paid less a $75 administrative fee. In lieu of a refund, the full amount of the tuition paid may be applied to a future HCCI Workshop. The request to apply tuition credit to a future Workshop must be made in writing by e-mail within two weeks of the cancellation or a refund will be issued.
Cancellation requests submitted after the deadline noted above, will not receive a refund.
No-shows will not be eligible for a refund or transfer of tuition.
Requests to transfer your registration to another person will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Transfer requests must be made in writing no later than 5:00 pm CST one week before the first day of the Workshop. The Workshop is designed as a comprehensive two-day activity, and enrollment may not be “split” between participants. Likewise, there is no single-day tuition.
HCCI is not liable or responsible for any travel, lodging or work expenses incurred in the event of a Workshop cancellation that is initiated by either HCCI or the learner.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC and the Home Centered Care Institute. PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The following organizations accept certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
• Physician Assistants: American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
• Nurse Practitioners: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP)
• Nurses: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
• Practice Managers: Medical Group Management Association (MGMA)
Need more information about this workshop? Contact us at email@example.com or call 630-283-9246.