HCCIntelligence™ – Webinars
The third Wednesday of every other month, HCCI hosts a free webinar on a clinical or practice management topic relevant to home-based primary care (HBPC). Webinars are approximately 40 minutes in length followed by an open Q&A session, “Virtual Office Hours.” Participants can submit questions at the time of registration.
Upcoming HCCIntelligence™ Webinar Dates and Topics
October 20th, 2021
4pm- 5pm CST
The Florida House Call Project: A State-level Approach to Expanding HBPC Awareness and Access
Given its large population of Medicare patients with multiple chronic illnesses, Florida has a significant need for home-based primary care (HBPC), and as a state included in the CMS Primary Care First model, there . Through The Florida House Call Project, HCCI assessed the utilization of HBPC services across the state and identified geographic areas where the need for HBPC is not being met. The project subsequently equipped and mentored a network of Champions to spread awareness of home-centered care, communicate the benefits of HBPC, and lead local training and in-service activities. This webinar shares insights gained from this innovative pilot program, including from two Champions who have been part of this initial cohort.
- Discuss insights and lessons learned through The Florida House Call Project’s education, outreach, and mentoring model for HBPC providers and practices.
- Consider and assess research findings on consumers’ and providers’ awareness and perceptions of HBPC in Florida, identified areas of gaps in care and unmet need, and early project outcomes resulting from the Champions’ community-based training and outreach efforts.
- Rita Laracuente, MD – Medical Director, Rita Laracuente MD PA
- Ada Tapper, DNP, FNP-BC, CDP – Chief Executive Officer, ACT Health Solutions LLC
- Melissa Singleton, MEd – Chief Learning Officer, Home Centered Care Institute
- Aaron Yao, PhD, Research Director, Home Centered Care Institute
HCCIntelligence™ – Webinar and Virtual Office Hours Archive
Click on the topic below to link to archived recording, presentation slide, and supplemental handouts.
Practice Operations & Leadership
- Value-Based Care: New Revenue Opportunities for Home-Based Care Practices
- Relational Leadership: Building Strong Teams and Culture in Home-Based Medical Care
- 2021 Coding: Impact for Home-Based Providers and Practices
- Intersection of Faith and Community Organizing in Advanced Illness Care During COVID-19
- What You Should Know About 2020 Coding Update
- Self-Care: Avoiding Burnout and Maximizing Yourself and Your Team
- Entrepreneurship: I Want To Start A House Call Program
- Geographic Scheduling: Impact on HBPC Productivity
- Improving Workflows: Front Office, Back Office and What It Means For Staffing
- The Most Important Billing Codes You May Not Be Using
- Strategies for Growing Provider & Patient Referrals for Your Practice
- Introduction to Point-of-Care Ultrasound (POCUS) for the Home Care Provider
- Integrating Occupational Therapy into HBPC
- Putting Person-Centered Decision Making into Practice
- Art of Deprescribing Medications in HBPC
- Managing Depressive Disorders in Homebound Patients
- Clinical Conundrums: Three Common Challenges You May Be Facing
- Open Discussion on COVID-19 Vaccine Administration
- Ready, Set, Go: Planning Ahead to Administer the COVID-19 Vaccine to HBPC Patients
- COVID-19 Updates: Advance Care Planning, Self-Care/Team-Care and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Telehealth Changes
- The Impact of COVID-19 on HBPC Providers, Practices and Patients
- Navigating COVID-19 Challenges with Telehealth
- Leading Teams During a Crisis: COVID-19 and Beyond
- COVID-19 and Home-Based Care – What Have We Learned?
“HCCIntelligence™ is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be relied upon as medical advice.”