Advanced Applications of HBPC™ Workshop
This two-day classroom workshop is designed for experienced home-based primary care (HBPC) providers and practice staff. Case-based sessions focus on higher-level topics in HBPC such as advance care planning, prognostication, care coordination and transitions of care, caregiver support, and challenging clinical issues such as dementia and polypharmacy.
This workshop features tips and strategies related to coding and documentation, workflow and staff productivity, and demonstrating the value of HBPC. You will leave this interactive workshop with enhanced knowledge and skills you can immediately and confidently apply in your practice.
This activity is designed for:
- Advanced Practice Providers (NPs, PAs)
- Nurses (RNs, LPNs)
- Practice Managers/Administrators
- Social Workers
- Medical Assistants
- Other Practice Operations Staff
Upon completion of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Discuss optimal care and management strategies through challenging home-based primary care (HBPC) cases, including patients with dementia, acute/urgent issues in the home.
- Assess evidence-based practices for medication management, identify potential pitfalls and dangers of polypharmacy, discuss a structured approach for de-prescribing, and review strategies for maximizing adherence.
- Apply optimal practices in coordinating the care of homebound patients during transitions, including handoffs, medication reconciliation and collaboration with community agencies.
- Manage difficult conversations with patients and family around advance care planning, serious illness communication and prognostication.
- Describe the importance of caregiver support, as well as the screening tools and resources that can be utilized for caregivers.
- Identify billing opportunities and documentation requirements beyond the normal E/M codes and apply strategies for implementing these services into daily practice.
- Compare various staffing models for HBPC and examine opportunities for improving workflow and efficiency.
Dates and Locations
December 3-4, 2020
This workshop will be presented virtually.
- Special Price – $525 until August 31, 2020
Virtual Boot Camp
Interested in attending this and the Essential Elements Workshop in November for a combined price of $899? Click here to register for both.
Questions? Contact education@HCCInstitute.org
Paul Chiang, MD
Senior Medical and Practice Advisor,
Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI) Physician
Northwestern Medicine HomeCare Physicians
Michael Kingan, DNP, NP-BC, CWOCN
Geriatric Nurse Practitioner,
Johns Hopkins Jhome Medical House Call Program
Ina Li, MD
Director of Clinical Geriatrics
Brianna Plencner, CPC, CPMA
Manager, Practice Improvement,
Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI)
Amanda Tufano, MHA, CMPE
Chief Executive Officer,
HCCI reserves the right to modify the schedule and faculty assignments as needed.
Continuing Medical Education Credit
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute and the Home Centered Care Institute. PeerPoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.