COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
February 25th, 2021
Categories: Practice Management, Training & Education
As the Public Health Emergency (PHE) continues, providers and practices are now challenged to receive, prepare, and administer vaccines to home-limited patients. Here is a list of reliable resources that practices can reference to stay informed on the most current guidelines:
HCCI is also following emerging research from the UK regarding the storage of the Pfizer vaccine. In a recent article, new results suggest the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine no longer needs to be kept at super-cold temperatures.
Practice Operations & Leadership
- U.S. Pharmacopeia COVID-19 Vaccine Handling Toolkit (includes information on handling of prefilled syringes)
- CMS COVID-19 Partner Resources Webpage
- CMS COVID-19 Provider Tool Kit
- CMS Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine Coding & Payment
- CDC: COVID-19 Vaccines (Includes State Locator Tool)
- CDC Resources for Healthcare Providers
- AMA COVID-19 Vaccine Coding Quick Reference Guide
- HHS COVID-19 Vaccines
- HRSA Provider Relief: COVID-19 Reimbursement for the Uninsured
A few reminders…
- When the government provides COVID-19 vaccine doses to your practice without charge, only bill for the vaccine administration – do not include the vaccine code on the claim if the vaccine is free.
- If you participate in a Medicare Advantage Plan, submit COVID-19 claims to Original Medicare for all patients enrolled in Medicare Advantage in 2020 and 2021.
- If you’re administering the vaccine to people without health insurance or whose insurance does not provide coverage for the vaccine, you can request reimbursement for vaccine administration through the Provider Relief Fund.
- If you missed HCCI’s roundtable discussion on COVID-19 Vaccines during the HCCIntelligence™ January Webinar & Virtual Office Hours, you may access the recording and materials on the HCCI Learning Hub here.